Friday, December 2, 2016

Register for the Personal Leadership in the University class

CSE is continuing a collaboration with the Leadership Minor at the University to offer a section of the intro class Personal Leadership in the University, exclusively for science, engineering, and mathematics students.
Explore your personal leadership!

Are you looking for another three credits for your spring schedule? CSE is continuing a collaboration with the Leadership Minor at the University to offer a section of the intro class: PA 1961W / OLPD 1301W, Section 16, Personal Leadership in the University, exclusively for science, engineering, and mathematics students.

This three-credit course will be offered during Spring 2017 and will meet weekly on Tuesday and Thursday from 4-5:15 p.m. You are in no way obligated to continue in the minor after taking this course.

PA 1961W / OLPD 1301W: Personal Leadership in the University
This is a lower-level writing intensive course where you analyze and explore your own views of leadership, learn and practice how to use individual strengths to create strong groups and teams, examine leadership ethics and values, and practice expressing thoughts and ideas effectively. You’ll be asked to write reflectively, allowing you to dig deeper into your own beliefs, how you interact in groups and teams, and how you want to act differently to be more effective. The lessons you will learn are applicable across any field of study.

What do other CSE students like about the course?
  • 92% of students recommend this course to their friends
  • “With classes capped at 26 students, Personal Leadership in the University is a welcomed change of pace from my typical coursework. I have gotten a great deal of technical knowledge and skill from my time in CSE, but the Leadership Minor has allowed me to broaden my horizons and make meaningful connections from knowledge to practice.” - Ethan, mechanical engineering student, Class of 2017
  • "Being a typical CSE kid, it was wonderful to have a class that complemented my CSE coursework by teaching me how to interact with others in a meaningful and productive way. Because of this course, I approach leadership opportunities with excitement and confidence. I believe more CSE students should have this experience!" - Ophelia, mechanical engineering student, Class of 2017
This course is a part of the larger Leadership Minor program at the University of Minnesota and more information about the program can be found online lead.umn.edu.

If you have any questions about the course, the program, or logistics please contact lead@umn.edu for more information.

--
CSE Student Services
612-624-5091
csess@umn.edu