Build your brand while networking with peers and professionals!
Project Emerge is a personal and professional developmental program for high-potential, diverse college junior and senior undergraduate students, as well as emerging professionals (with 1-2 years’ experience), from all majors who wish to explore how their future can be positively impacted by business.
The Carlson School of Management at the University of Minnesota believes that, no matter the industry, focus, or goals of a student, a foundational knowledge of business is a critical component of career development and success. Project Emerge strives to introduce diverse groups of students to the fundamentals of business, explain how business applies to individual career interests, and help participants acquire new knowledge.
Who should participate?
- Rising juniors and seniors and emerging professionals (1-2 years post-undergrad) interested in exploring a future in business
- People of color, women, LGBTQ, and first-generation students from economically disadvantaged backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply
- Curious learners eager to gain perspective from diverse backgrounds, disciplines, and experiences
- Community leaders, now or in the future, interested in growing skills to lead in their careers and communities
- Personal Development
- Envision yourself in the business world
- Develop your personal brand with a personality inventory assessment and webinar leadership series
- Professional Development
- Gain exposure to functional areas of business
- Experience functional corporate tours, corporate speaker series, and networking events with Twin Cities students and professionals
- Receive GMAT education and support
- Cultural Development
- Build a diverse community of high-achieving individuals
- Participate in Carlson School diversity programming events and diversity leadership conferences
- Join a national community of women (Forté Rising Stars, women)
To learn more about this opportunity, visit the Project Emerge website.
If you have questions, email ProjectE@umn.edu, or contact Penny Momon, Director of Diversity and Inclusion, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CSE Student Services